Monday 29 December 2014

A Problem Shared

Puddlecote Inc re-opens its doors this morning, so my binge-Netflix-watching and compulsive Twiglet-eating can mercifully come to an end while the rest of the Puddlecotes switch between spending their mountain of Xmas cash and playing with their new electronic gadgets.

While I'm planning our January cash flow after making a £57k corporation tax payment (for government to then re-direct to parasitical fake charities), do go read this from Grandad.
Not only am I an adult but I am an individual.  I have my individual likes and dislikes.  I have a fondness for Mars bars, pipe tobacco and a drop or ten of alcohol.  I also like a drop of salt on my food and a ladle of sugar in my tea.  If these happen to be on your naughty list, they are not on mine so fuck off and mind your own business.  They are my choices as an adult and you have no right whatsoever to chide me about them.
Yes, he is describing the same old bullying establishment nonsense in Ireland as we have here. Or, more accurately, the same establishment nonsense in Ireland that our own population dislikes intensely - I suspect that sentiment is mirrored by Irish men and women from Donegal to Dublin.

Perhaps one day politicians will wake up. Or maybe they'll just continue down this line of bullying the public while their electorate deserts them and their vote evaporates? Whaddya reckon?
Some day I am going to die.  Until that moment I choose to live my life the way I want.  I choose to be happy and contented [which incidentally statistically improves my lifespan by several years] and to live life the way I choose.  I do not choose to deny myself anything just to satisfy your cravings for control and your obsession for righteous league tables.
Bravo! Or as The Pub Curmudgeon says.


You can show your appreciation for Grandad's blunt artistry here.


3 comments:

Lysistrata Eleftheria said...

Agreed, a great and eloquent post by Grandad.

Mark Wadsworth said...

Agreed. And in any event, the key to long life is bugger all to do with health fanaticism, what you have to do is find a daily routine you like and stick to it. (Which sort of defeats the point of living longer, you just relive the same reasonably pleasant day over and over again, but hey, sounds good to me,)

Blogger said...

Order a Sparkling White Smiles Custom Teeth Whitening System online and enjoy BIG SAVINGS!
* 10 shades whiter in days!
* Professional Results Guaranteed.
* As good as your dentist, for a fraction of the cost.
* Same strength as dentists use.